[Spambayes] help with setup of my mail client

Remi Ricard papaDoc at videotron.ca
Tue Apr 20 21:44:44 EDT 2004

Hi,

> Step 2 says that I should setup my mail client to receive mail from
> "localhost" rather than my mail server.  How do I do this?

This is from a mail written by Tony Mayer
-----
You need to go into the mail server settings in Outlook Express and set
them to use "localhost" rather than your mail server(s).  This is
Tools->Accounts->Mail (tab), select the account, then Properties, from
memory.  Something like that, anyway.

Since you're using Outlook Express, you'll also have to setup spambayes
to include the classification (like "Spam") in the subject or "to" of
the message as well, so that OE can filter it.  You can do this via the
"Configuration" link on the spambayes web interface (if you're using the
tray icon, right click it and choose Configuration, then find the
"Notate" options).
-----

> I am running WindowsXP.  The version of SpamBayes is 0.5.  I am using
> Outlook Express.
By the way you should use the lastest version of spambayes.

Remi