[Spambayes] Change data_directory location

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 21 20:14:27 EDT 2004

> Using 1.0b1 Outlook plugin(just upgraded) and I want to define the
> location for the data directory.  I added this section to the
> default_bayes_customize.ini file under Documents and
> Settings\{Username}\Application Data\Spambayes:
>
> [General]
> data_directory: h:\spam\spambayes

You need to add this to a file called "default_configuration.ini" in either
that directory or the one SpamBayes was installed into.  Putting it in the
default_bayes_customize.ini file is wrong because:

  * That file is *only* for customizing the underlying SpamBayes engine
(it's exactly like the non-Outlook versions).  Nothing Outlook specific goes
in there.

  * The {profile name}.ini or Outlook.ini file that should also be in that
directory *is* for Outlook customization, but is loaded *after* any data
directory moves.

> Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

This is a very common error when trying to do this.  If you could suggest
some way that the configuration guide could be rewritten to make it clearer
what needs to be done, that would be fantastic.

=Tony Meyer

---