[Spambayes] Spambayes not automatically filtering in Outlook 2000

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 21 20:45:32 EDT 2004

> Hi, I'm a long time Spambayes user but recently rebuilt my
> machine. Now Spambayes does not run automatically. Everything
> suggests that it should be doing so but it isn't - I have to
> run the filter manually.

In the Manager dialog (from the SpamBayes menu) is the "Enable SpamBayes"
box ticked?  If it's not then tick it.  If it's greyed out, then there
should be an explanation of why in the status box above it.

If nothing works (even the SpamBayes menu) then Outlook has probably
disabled SpamBayes (this tends to happen particularly when you update
Outlook); this is relevant for Outlook 2002/XP and above (OL2K doesn't
appear to have this 'feature').  From the Outlook Help menu, choose "About
Microsoft Outlook" and click "Disabled Items".  Check to see if SpamBayes is
there (and if it is, enable it again).

Otherwise, your log file would really help (us) here.  The troubleshooting
guide explains where to find that.  A copy of the troubleshooting guide can
be reached from the SpamBayes Help menu (if it works); I think a copy is
also installed in the Start menu (could be wrong), and one is certainly in
the folder you installed SpamBayes into. If all else fails, there's one
online: <http://spambayes.org/docs.html>

Find the log and attach it to a message to the list, and we'll look into it.

=Tony Meyer

---