[Spambayes] addin won't load for this user

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 22:27:35 EDT 2004

> Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
>
> I guess I wasn't too informative; I'll try again.  What I
> meant to say is when I look in "COM Add-Ins" in Advanced
> Options from "Tools-->Options-->Other tab-->", the SpamBytes
> Add-in is not listed.

The logs indicate that you're using the 0.81 version of the plug-in.  If
this is the case, then you won't ever see the plug-in in the COM addins
list, as this was a bug with that version (fixed in 1.0a9, and still fixed
in the latest version - 1.0b1).  This shouldn't mean that the plug-in
doesn't work, though - and the log files do indicate that the plug-in is
being used for both trainin and filtering.

Is there anything that isn't actually working?  If it's just the fact that
it's not in the list, then the only way to fix this is to upgrade to the
latest release.  If there's a problem with the way SpamBayes is working (or
failing to), then please outline what that is, and we'll try to figure out
what is wrong.

=Tony Meyer

---