[Spambayes] Unable to register addin in Outlook2000 SR1 9.0.0.5414 / Microsoft Windows 98 4.10.2222 A

Marc Powell mrpowell at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 24 16:43:44 EDT 2004

Hello,

I uninstalled the Spambayes-outlook-0081 because I could never get it to
register as an addin. (consistent error) and tried the latest release 1.0b1
and it failed  also. I ran regsvr32.exe outlook_addin.dll   as described in
the trouble shooting guide and the windows error was that it could not
locate a file to execute. This is the same error I get every time I try to
install. I purged all references to spambayes from the registry before
trying the latest fresh install.  This is the log from the latest two failed
attempts with 1.0.b1:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "addin.py", line 33, in ?
  File "win32com\__init__.pyc", line 6, in ?
  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPAMBAYES\lib\spambayes.zip\pythoncom.pyc", line 2,
in ?
    #@c
  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPAMBAYES\lib\spambayes.zip\pywintypes.pyc", line
69, in ?

  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPAMBAYES\lib\spambayes.zip\pywintypes.pyc", line
45, in __import_pywin32_system_module__

ImportError: Module 'pywintypes' isn't in frozen sys.path directories

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "addin.py", line 33, in ?
  File "win32com\__init__.pyc", line 6, in ?
  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPAMBAYES\lib\spambayes.zip\pythoncom.pyc", line 2,
in ?
    #@c
  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPAMBAYES\lib\spambayes.zip\pywintypes.pyc", line
69, in ?

  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPAMBAYES\lib\spambayes.zip\pywintypes.pyc", line
45, in __import_pywin32_system_module__

ImportError: Module 'pywintypes' isn't in frozen sys.path directories

  What is a 'pywintypes' module and where is it located?
  Which of my sys.path directories do I have to stick in the freezer  before
I can copy the 'pywintypes' module into it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as this has become a personal
challenge.

Marc Powell
mrpowell at mindspring.com
A+, Net+. MCP.