[Spambayes] SB does not see my Outlook mailbox

McCollough, Alan amccollough at anmc.org
Tue Apr 27 11:29:57 EDT 2004

I have been using SB since .88, and a few weeks ago, it stopped working. I upgraded SB to 1.0b1, with no luck.

Here are the details:
My PC: Win2K sp4, loads of ram, blah blah,
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627), Corporate or Workgroup - Security Update (that's what the About... says)

I have Outlook configured so that when it opens, there are three additional mailboxes that open, along with my personal mailbox. The other mailboxes are for various 'wembaster@' accounts.

When I launch the SB Configuration Wizard, and go to pick a folder, my personal Outlook mailbox (in the Outlook folder list, it appears to be a little multi-house-clock-calendar icon) does not show up as an option! The other mailboxes show up, but not the main one.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled SB. The very first time it ran, yes, my mailbox appeared. I proceded to let SB train on my sorted mail, and it said it did. However, SB never really ran after that. A return to the Configuration Wizard brought back the 'no mailbox' problem.

Note: I have no way of being sure that our system folks here haven't done something behind the scenes to interfere with the normal operation of SB.

I went to the SB site, and the instructions there said to submit the e-mail here, so here y'all go.

If you want any additional info, I'll be happy to provide it. I really want SB to run again.

Alan McCollough
Web Team Lead
Alaska Native Medical Center