[Spambayes] Illogicality in the Web UI?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Aug 1 22:31:27 CEST 2004

    Skip> Patches cheerfully accepted. ;-)

    Robert> Given that it requires no javascript and an alteration of one
    Robert> word [or the insertion of two words] in the existing embedded
    Robert> HTML to cause the SpamBayes Review page to open the Clues page
    Robert> in a new window, it seems a little over the top to submit a
    Robert> patch :-)

That's fine, but it doesn't work for me because now you changed the behavior
of sb_server.py in a fundamental (and annoying) way.  I presume most people
who currently use sb_server.py like its current behavior, if for no other
reason than that's what they are used to.  That means besides a target
attribute a "popup_clues_in_new_window" option has to be added and used to
enable/disable the target attribute.

I'm really not trying to be a hardass here.  All of us who work on one part
of Spambayes or another all do it in our spare time.  My spare time is
limited.  I'm pretty sure that's true of all the other developers as well.
If other people would like new features added to the software it helps if
they can submit a feature request, bug report or patch to the Spambayes
SourceForge project.  That does a couple things:

    1. The request doesn't get lost.

    2. If it includes a patch, the likelihood that it will get incorporated
       into a future version of the software increases substantially.

Skip