[Spambayes] Please help a dumb beginner

JackJ jj at wave.co.nz
Mon Aug 2 01:51:31 CEST 2004

I have just downloaded SpamBayes version 0.6 for outlook express, to try. I am running Windows XP prof.

I think I have read all the pages exposed by the system tray popup, and also SpamBayes wiki. But no matter what I do SpamBayes doesnt seem to work at all.

I fully expect the problem is me, but not entirely. If I cannot follow exactly how to configure this program, and on exactly how to configure OE6, one with considerable experience with computers, so that I can ay least get started, then  there must be many others who will simply give up before they start.

Has anybody developed a step-by-step guide for beginners? Or could someone show me how I can at least get started here? For example, what exactly in OE6 must be changed so as to read localhost:8880/ ? And Im not sure just where to go so as to choose between 'Ham" and "Spam".

All I am wanting is somthing to filter out Spam, and this sounded like a good program to try.

Thanks
JackJ