[Spambayes] Shoot ---

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Aug 2 03:20:03 CEST 2004

> I have emails that get sorted into my "junk" mail folders,
> and others that just DISAPPEAR.  One of these was my
> registration to LA Times.com where there was an article I
> had to read for my doctoral dissertation.  I really, really
> needed that article, and then "poof" away it went.

FAQ 3.12 might help you here:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#some-of-my-mail-is-going-missing>

> I used to have a "suspects" folder that got this sort of thing,
> but that folder disappeared from my Outlook Email when my
> husband reconfigured my machine because it kept crashing.
> Now that folder is gone, and I'm sure my article is in it!!!

And FAQ 3.13 is of use here:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#help-i-deleted-the-unsure-spam-folder>

> How can I change my Spam program so that everything will
> end up in the "junk" email folder whether it's suspect or not?

You can do this by simply setting the two thresholds to the same value
(Filtering tab in the SpamBayes manager).  I wouldn't recommend this, though
- one of the main strengths of SpamBayes is the unsure category, and turning
it into a binary ham/spam decision will defeat that.

=Tony Meyer

---