[Spambayes] Spambayes stopped working

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Aug 2 04:14:41 CEST 2004

> We have Spambayes and have used it for some time,
> but just now it stopped coming up. Every time we try
> to start it up, we get an error message telling us
> to look at the .LOG file. Looking there, we find this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "pop3proxy_tray.py", line 44, in ?
>   File "win32api.pyc", line 9, in ?
>   File "win32api.pyc", line 7, in __load
> ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the
> system is not functioning.

Unfortunately, this isn't something I've seen before, so I'm not really all
that sure what to suggest.  It sounds like maybe something has gone wrong
with the win32api.pyc (.pyd?) file.

Could you try uninstalling SpamBayes (to remove any bad files), and then
reinstalling the latest version?  This won't touch any of your configuration
or training data, so you won't have to redo any of that.

If that doesn't work, then all I can suggest is opening a bug tracker via
sourceforge, and maybe Mark or someone else will have more ideas.

<http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>

=Tony Meyer

---