[Spambayes] mozilla

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Aug 2 09:20:07 CEST 2004

> Mozilla Thunderbird has Baysean Filtering, but for some
> reason it's not as good as SB and Outlook was for me. However,
> Outlook 2000 became so unstalbe for me, for reasons other than SB
> integration - it does not like being used as a large email
> repository very much)  that I have switched to Thunderbird.

I don't know all that much about it, but I understand that the Mozilla
people are working on improving their filtering.  There's one of their
tracker things about switching to three classes (i.e. ham, unsure, spam)
rather than the ham/spam that I think it still is.  I don't know how far
that's got, though (it's a long time since I've had a chance to look).

> I miss SB though!

If you sacrifice the integrated-ness, of course, you can still use SpamBayes
(via sb_server/sb_imapfilter).  Integration does have a lot going for it,
though.

=Tony Meyer

---