[Spambayes] possible v1.0rc2 bug

Michael Kenniston msk at xnet.com
Mon Aug 2 20:38:17 CEST 2004

I was able to download spambayes-1.0rc2.exe and it installed
apparently successfully, but then whenever it tries to start it bombs
out with a pop-up window:

Title: sb_tray.exe - Entry Point Not Found
Message: The procedure entry point FlashWindowEx could not be located in
the dynamic link library USER32.dll.

I'm running Windows NT4.0 build 1381 sp6 on a P2-300 with 128 Mb RAM
and D: as the root partition.  All the latest "Windows Updates" are
installed.

The file D:\WINNT\system32\User32.dll on my system is 326,928 bytes
long,
with File version 4.00

The contents of sb_tray.exe.log are:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pop3proxy_tray.py", line 45, in ?
  File "win32gui.pyc", line 9, in ?
  File "win32gui.pyc", line 7, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be
found.