[Spambayes] Problem with imap under linux.-part 5

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Aug 6 07:08:40 CEST 2004

> Ok, I tried your test. Everything went as you indicate above
> until the i.list. The result was lots of lines of stuff I
> can't understand, maybe you'all can. I include it bellow with
> trepidation for reasons that you will understand when your
> see it. The @ symols seem to be nulls which do not take up
> real space. Any help would be appreciated.

I didn't anticipate it being so long (see below), or would have asked for it
offlist, but yes, this contains what I needed.  The problem is that it's all
strings, and then one tuple:

   ('(\\NoInferiors \\UnMarked) "/" {29}', 'Local/HTML-Documents/ga2col/\\')

And this is what it is crashing on.  This is because the code is just plain
incorrect where it's meant to handle this.  If you change line 288 from "
if isinstance(fol, ()):" to "            if isinstance(fol,
types.TupleType):" it should work.  I'll check this change in to CVS as
well.

> Again let me apologize for sending so much space consuming garbage in
> my last note. I did not realize how big it really was,

Well, it wasn't garbage, really.  I did need to get enough of it to reach
the line quoted above (no idea where in the list that came - I used code to
find it for me).

> The question is what is i.list supposed to return. It seems to be some
> mailboxes I assume on the server.

It is meant to return all mailboxes available to the user (according to the
RFC).  I've seen something like this happen before, where the IMAP server is
obviously poorly configured, and returns all sorts of garbage.  However, we
should still be able to handle that (although you'll end up with 4913
folders to choose from in each list, so the web configuration system for
selecting folders will be *very* awkward).

=Tony Meyer

---