[Spambayes] No Defined Boundary

Richard B Barger ABC APR Rich at RBarger.com
Sun Aug 8 16:40:32 CEST 2004

Good day.

Suddenly, I'm getting bunches of "multipart message[s] with no defined
boundary."  They don't show a Classification Header or Spam Probability,
so my system treats them as ham.

Here is the X-Spambayes-Exception from one of the 47 I received last
night:

Traceback (most recent call last): . File "sb_server.pyc", line 471, in
onRetr . File
"spambayes\message.pyc", line 247, in setPayload . File
"email\Parser.pyc", line
239, in _parsebody . File "email\Parser.pyc", line 75, in parsestr .
File
"email\Parser.pyc", line 64, in parse . File "email\Parser.pyc", line
245, in _parsebody
.BoundaryError: multipart message with no defined boundary

A sampling of the others shows the same exception language.

Computer - 2.8 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 w/ 2 GB of RAM
Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 1, with all the updates
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0rc2
Netscape Messenger 4.79
DSL

Here's my bayescustomize.ini:

[pop3proxy]
listen_ports:110
remote_servers:mail.rbarger.com
[Headers]
notate_subject:unsure spam
include_score:True
header_score_digits:6
[Storage]
no_cache_bulk_ham:True
no_cache_large_messages:4500000
cache_expiry_days:3
[Categorization]
ham_cutoff:0.01
spam_cutoff:0.39
[Categorization]
spam_cutoff:0.39
[html_ui]
display_score:True
default_spam_action:discard
display_headers:Subject From
spam_discard_level:70.0
[html_ui]
default_spam_action:discard
[Tokenizer]
mine_received_headers:True
summarize_email_suffixes:True

The most recent log file (SpamBayesServer1.log) is attached.

---

BTW, have you considered forcing the logs and databases and ini file and
other proxy info into a single place, rather than leaving them hidden in
a dark maze of little twisty passages or a maze of dark twisty little
passages or whatever it was that you encountered in the original
Caverns?

Thanks.

Rich Barger
Kansas City