[Spambayes] Imap and other things.

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Mon Aug 9 22:25:15 CEST 2004

I read the description you posted, and I'm prepared to accept that you can do it that way. (My Unix knowledge is too weak to enable me to argue the point, even if I thought you couldn't.) But I guess I don't see why you'd want to. There are reasons to do server-side spam filtering, but this method doesn't address any of them. And it transfers the computational load from the client computer, which usually has power to burn, to the server, which is much more likely to be overstressed. I must be missing something here. What problem(s) have you solved by using the server-side approach?

Bob

MIS Department, City of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165