[Spambayes] No Defined Boundary

Richard B Barger ABC APR Rich at RBarger.com
Tue Aug 10 16:57:39 CEST 2004

Michael Kimball wrote:

Do you have Advanced Options | Header Options | Add probability (score) header set to 'Yes'?

RBB:  Thanks, Michael; good suggestion.  Yes, I display the probability to 6 decimal places.
Watching those was the reason I moved my spam probability and ham probability figures to such
aggressive numbers (0.39 and 0.01, respectively).  It appears that my ham mail stream is
well-trained and very uniform, because that extremely low setting rarely gives me any
misclassifications.

But I need to spend more time looking at those data.  I believe it was Tony Meyer who sent a
friendly warning that 1) I was entering dangerous territory (my words, not his) with those
settings, but 2) if it ain't broke, ...

Because of the volume of Unsures I'm still getting, I probably should revisit the spam
probability scores and see if I want to live even more dangerously, in order to reduce the
number of Unsures still further.  What's the good in having all this computing power if I just
use the box for a paperweight?  Let the computer compute!

Michael:  Now I spend 1 or 2 minutes checking that SpamBayes got it right, and 20 - 30 minutes
reading the SpamBayes list!!

RBB:  <g>

Thanks again.

Rich Barger