[Spambayes] imap filter AssertionError spamcount <= nspam

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Aug 13 01:24:30 CEST 2004

> I get the following error:
[...]
>    assert spamcount <= nspam
> AssertionError

This indicates that your database is bad.  It's basically saying that there
is a token in the database that has been seen more times in spam than the
number of messages you have trained as spam, which is obviously impossible.
You can manually fiddle with the database (e.g. use sb_dbexpimp.py to
convert it to cvs, fix it, change it back) although that's maybe not wise,
or you can just retrain from scratch.

> And a question: Could imap filter move the good messages
> to different folder as well? Now it seems that it is a bit
> difficult to say when you have only filtered mails in inbox.

It could if someone wrote a patch to get it to do so.  If you would like it
to do so, then you can open a feature request
<http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>, making sure that you explain why this
would be a good feature to have.

=Tony Meyer

---