[Spambayes] Food for thought.

chet johnson chet at surewest.net
Wed Aug 18 06:34:04 CEST 2004

I love Spambayes. Thank you. I can't begin to account for the time it has
saved me. I don't participate in this email reflector, and I haven't done
any programming in years so I won't be much help in direct contribution,
but...

Can this go beyond spam? Can Bayesian logic be used to classify mail in
general? My inbox is full of legitimate email that I probably should read
but haven't. Status reports could go in one folder, "jokes from friends" end
up in another and my mailbox starts to get organized without setting up a
bunch of manually created cryptic filters that are wrong as many times as
they are right.

I'm just tossing this out for your consumption.