[Spambayes] Windows compatibility

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 06:50:24 CEST 2004

[William S. Brown Jr.]
> I use windows XP and am getting ready to add service pack 2.  I use
> outlook express for my e-mail. I have version .6 of spambayes.  Is
> this product compatible with Windows XP SP2?

As far as we know, yes.  People have specifically reported that the
Outlook addin works fine with SP2, although some have said it's a lot
slower with SP2.  I don't recall a specific report about Outlook
Express, and that *may* have more troubles because the SP2 "firewall"
feature may want you to punch holes in it for the ports you tell SB to
use.  Anyone know for sure?

In any case, you should  download a more recent version of SpamBayes
than the now-ancient 0.6.