[Spambayes] suggestion: sb_server.py to score messages via filesockets

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Aug 20 06:34:24 CEST 2004

    Kenny> ... take a look at the sb_bnserver and sb_bnfilter scripts ...

You don't even need to take a look at sb_bnserver.  Sb_bnfilter fires it off
in the background as necessary.  I have this in my .procmailrc:

    #SCORE=sb_filter.py
    SCORE="sb_bnfilter.py -a 30 -A 250"
    :0 fw
    | $SCORE

so you can see how easy it is to replace the vanilla filter with the
fancy-shmancy-spin-off-the-server filter.

I've never figured out what the "bn" really stands for, though from my
experience it must mean "go faster".

Skip