[Spambayes] Upgrading 1.0rc1 -> rc2 generates DB_RUNRECOVERY error

Will Watts willw at cix.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 15:01:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

I recently upgraded from rc1 to rc2, and rapidly got a DB_RUNRECOVERY
problem. The upgraded software classified a few messages - maybe a
dozen or so - before the database corrupted and every message failed.

I had backed up my database before installing rc2, so I was able to
revert to that. However, the same thing happened again, fairly
rapidly. At a third attempt, the database corrupted at once, without
working at all.

At this point, I reverted to rc1, which seems to be working fine... as
it had been for many months prior to installing rc2.

http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#my-database-keeps-getting-corrupted

suggests you guys are keen for evidence to help nail this problem. If
this is still the case, I have a setup where apparently I can corrupt
the database to order; so perhaps I can be of help to you, if you want
me to run diagnostics or whatever.

Info: I am running from the installable Windows package, using the
POP3Proxy with an email client called The Bat!. The OS is Win2K SP4. I
am running the Norton Internet Security, including the aggressive  virus checking.

On another matter, with rc1 I have recently regularly been getting
spam messages which cause this barf:

 .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 264, in asTokens
 .  File "spambayes\message.pyc", line 279, in as_string
 .  File "email\Message.pyc", line 130, in as_string
 .  File "email\Generator.pyc", line 102, in flatten
 .  File "email\Generator.pyc", line 130, in _write
 .  File "email\Generator.pyc", line 156, in _dispatch
 .  File "email\Generator.pyc", line 199, in _handle_text
 .TypeError: string payload expected: <type 'list'>

More details - ie the message that generated this - if anybody is
interested.

Apart from this, I really like the package! :-)

Will Watts