[Spambayes] suggestion: sb_server.py to score messages via filesockets

Antoine Boulart a.boulart at imedia.ru
Wed Aug 25 14:20:42 CEST 2004

Dear Kenny,

KP> It sounds like what you want is a server-side process to keep the training
KP> data open, and a version of sb_filter that would access that. If you're
KP> using sb_filter, you're obviously already running from source, so take a
KP> look at the sb_bnserver and sb_bnfilter scripts in the same directory.  I'm
KP> not personally very familiar with these, but I think they may do what you're
KP> looking for.

Thanks -- that does help a lot. I'm using sb_bnfilter now and that
does avoid the repetitive loading of my large training data set.

Too bad the sb_bnserver doesn't implement training via a SMTP proxy
like sb_server does. To train on new messages, I now have a cron
script that periodically retrieves the good/bad mailboxes from my
Windows machine over a network share. Slightly complicated but it
works.

antoine