[Spambayes] Some details that could be better

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:22:52 CEST 2004

Lauri Harpf wrote:
> The second issue is much less important, but somewhat funny. I'm
> using Outlook Express (yes, booooooo!) and thus have configured
> SpamBayes to add "spam" as recipient whenever it recognizes something
> as spam.
> Then, OE, based on a simple rule, moves all E-mails to a junk folder.

The actual prefix added by SpamBayes is "spam," (note the trailing comma),
or "unsure," for suspect messages.  If you include the trailing comma in
your rules, you should have fewer problems.

> I have made a special rule for this; but it might be worth
> considering adding an option to customize the notation, ie. when
> SpamBayes sees the message as spam, it notates to "Qedko421805AQ" for
> example instead of "spam".

This can be done with manual editing of the SpamBayes configuration files.
If the above change doesn't help you, let the list know and we can give you
details on the settings to change if you want a different prefix.

--
Kenny Pitt