[Spambayes] It all started with SP2

Wright, Lyle J ljw674t at smsu.edu
Thu Dec 2 00:28:16 CET 2004

Mr. Tony - thanks for your help.

I followed all of your direction below, and the problem persists. I have
included all 4 log files below, and log 2 shows where I classified a
phishing msg as Spam by clicking on the SpamBayes toolbar button. It
performed the operation, but also shut down Outlook as described before.
When I opened Outlook, the msg was correctly put in the Spam folder.
Also if I try to use the down arrow in the SpamBayes toolbar to change
the configuration it closed Outlook. There are no error messages during
any of these operations.

I ran a 'detect and repair' on Outlook prior to all of the activity
below, just in case there was something lurking there, but it didn't
seem to make a difference.

Here are the log files if that helps. They are beyond my technical
skills, but I am game to try something else if you have any other ideas.
(Yes, I'd love to stop using Outlook, but that's the standard in my
organization, and switching is not an option, nor is going to an earlier
version)

SpamBayes4-Log
Unregistered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin

SpamBayes3-Log
Registered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin
Registration complete.

SpamBayes2-Log
Warning: option experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment in section
Classifier is deprecated
Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\ljw674t\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\ljw674t\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 577 spam and 215 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0.1 (November 2004) starting
(with engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)
using Python 2.3.4 (#53, May 25 2004, 21:17:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)]
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Mailbox - Wright, Lyle
J/IPM_SUBTREE/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Lyle's PC/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Mailbox - Wright,
Lyle J/IPM_SUBTREE/Spam'
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
Creating new SpamBayes toolbar to host our buttons
Message 'Springfield Staff Mtg' in 'Mailbox - Wright, Lyle
J/IPM_SUBTREE/Inbox' had a Spam classification of 'No'
Moving and spam training message 'Official information for all
Washington Mutual clients' -  Training on message 'Official information
for all Washington Mutual clients' in 'Mailbox - Wright, Lyle
J/IPM_SUBTREE/Possible Spam -  trained as spam

SpamBayes1-Log
Warning: option experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment in section
Classifier is deprecated
Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\ljw674t\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\ljw674t\Application Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 578 spam and 215 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin Binary Version 1.0.1 (November 2004) starting
(with engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004))
on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)
using Python 2.3.4 (#53, May 25 2004, 21:17:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)]
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Mailbox - Wright, Lyle
J/IPM_SUBTREE/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Lyle's PC/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Mailbox - Wright,
Lyle J/IPM_SUBTREE/Spam'
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer

Thanks - Lyle