[Spambayes] Re: Training empty messages problem

Mathew Hendry TJLWBECGSGWU at spammotel.com
Sun Dec 5 23:51:39 CET 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:15:57 +0100, Jeroen Breedveld
<jeroenbreedveld at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:09:41 +0000, Mathew Hendry
><tjlwbecgsgwu at spammotel.com> wrote:
>>
>> This looks very odd - why do you have so many ham mails with no
>> from/reply-to lines and invalid message-ids? I think need to sort through
>> your ham/spam collections and retrain from scratch.
>
>For some reason all the mails I receive from our Exchange server
>(local users) have "from:none" causing all those spam mails to look as
>ham mails. Mails I receive from my internet account do have normal
>from addresses.

Ahh I see. Yes, internal Exchange mails have no internet headers at all. I
don't know if I ran into a similar problem to yours at some point, but for a
long time I've had rules running on my work account to filter internal
messages into a different set of folders. They aren't seen by SpamBayes at
all.

-- Mat.