[Spambayes] Refresh Issue on Exchange 2003, SB1.0.1

Robert Neuschul robert at imagine.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 21:48:19 CET 2004

James

> I have an Exchange 2003 Server (windows server 2003) with a Windows 2000
> domain.  Clients are windows xp, sp1 and windows xp sp2.
>
> Most clients also have spambayes loaded.  I just upgraded my spambayes to
> version 1.0.1 and the problem still persists.

Can you clarify:

1] Are the clients running Outlook 2003?

2] Are the clients connecting to Exchange as native clients or as POP3
clients?

3] Is the W2003/E2003 system /also/ running a Spambayes proxy?

> We have been seeing problems with Outlook 2000/XP/2003 doing refreshing on
> exchange folders.  It is a widespread problem, more than 10 client machines.

What exactly do you mean by "refreshing on exchange folders"? What are the
symptoms [other than slow response] and what if any error messages are you
seeing in the client and server Event Logs?

What GPOs exist which might have impact on Outlook clients?

Robert.