[Spambayes] Refresh Issue on Exchange 2003, SB1.0.1

Harold Vandeventer Harold.Vandeventer at dpra.com
Fri Dec 10 15:06:36 CET 2004

At least we're trying to describe the same problem.  I've not been
patient enough to observe a delayed refresh.

At the moment, however, I've got another issue in that the PC with the
refresh issue stopped filtering on all the folders, and I cannot get it
restarted.  I've uninstalled, installed, disabled, enabled, and stood on
one foot while concurrently clicking the right-handed mouse with my left
hand, all without success.

But, to complicate the issue: I see (saw) the refresh issue only on one
PC.  My laptop refreshes automatically and instantly upon every "Delete
as SPAM" or "Recover from SPAM" request.

The major difference between the PC and the laptop (besides the obvious,
<VBG>):
	PC is not running Outlook in Exchange Cached mode
	Laptop IS running Outlook in Exchange Cached mode
	PC monitors 5 other user accounts
	Laptop monitors only my account

Beyond the refresh, though, on the PC I cannot drill down on the folders
of the other accounts to select/deselect those to be filtered.

I REALLY like Spambayes, my thanks to Tony and the others that know how
to write code.  I'm just a network admin and Exchange Manager, helping
staff undo the View changes they claim they didn't make in Outlook that
"deleted all my mail".

I first observed the refresh issue when WinXP/SP2 installed on the PC.
SB was at an older version, but I don't recall which one.

I don't know when the drill down problem was introduced.  I was
obviously able to drill down on other accounts in an earlier version of
SB, probably .8 or whatever it was called, but in 1.0 and 1.0.1 the
drill down isn't possible (but complicated by the fact that filtering
won't start either).  Is the loss of drill down on other accounts the
cause of the stopped filtering?

Windows hotfixes and Office 2003 have also become part of the
environment; maybe our problems are caused by one of those "fixes."

I'll add an account on my laptop Outlook and see if I can drill down on
it.

Harold Vandeventer

Network Administrator
DPRA Incorporated