[Spambayes] Spam clues for 0% spam

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Dec 11 14:13:36 CET 2004

I just wrote:

    I suppose the interesting thing was that it actually scored a solid 0.0
    for you, not that it needed training.  I don't recall getting one that
    scored 0.0 before, but certainly under 0.1 isn't all that unusual for
    such spam the first time they are seen.

I forgot, your message produced a score of

    score: 0.66
    ham: 0.53
    spam: 0.86

so it needed training as well.  After training yours as ham and the attached
message you sent as spam I reran my t-t-e training.  Not surprisingly, it
took an extra round of training to resolve the confusion between your
message and just the spam you attached.  The spam now scores:

    score: 0.75
    ham: 0.00
    spam: 0.50

and your message scores:

    score: 0.00
    ham: 1.00
    spam: 0.00

primarily because of all the hapax score tokens in your message. "microsoft"
is still pretty spammy at 0.75. ;-)

Skip