[Spambayes] KeyError in sp_imapfilter

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 14 07:45:25 CET 2004

> I am getting the following error when running sb_imapfilter.py.  I tried
> removing all of the spam messages from the spam folder but am still
> getting the same error.  How can I determine which message it is and
> what can I do about it?

I'm not sure that this is a problem with a specific message.

[...]
> SpamBayes IMAP Filter Version 0.4 (May 2004)
> and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

What version of SpamBayes are you using?  I know that the above string ought
to tell me, but unfortunately the version string wasn't updated a couple of
times.  (Alternatively, if you could try the 1.0.1 release, which will give
the version as 0.5, that will at least confirm that this hasn't already been
fixed).

> User interface url is http://localhost:8880/
[...]
>   File "/usr/bin/sb_imapfilter.py", line 707, in __getitem__
>     mo = re.search(id_header, data["RFC822.HEADER"], re.IGNORECASE)
> KeyError: 'RFC822.HEADER'

This is indicating that either the IMAP server's response was not in the
expected format, or something went wrong when SpamBayes tried to extract the
data from the response.  If 1.0.1 doesn't fix the problem, could you run
sb_imapfilter with "-i4", save the IMAP conversation that is output, REMOVE
YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD FROM IT, and then send us a copy of that?  It
will help track down where the problem is, exactly.

=Tony.Meyer