[Spambayes] Cool feature...

Gaétan Noël gnoel at marchnetworks.com
Thu Dec 16 16:44:13 CET 2004

Hi guys,
	Thanks for the great product you are making, it works wonderfuly!

	I have an idea for future development for you guys that I'm sure
would interest a bunch of people ;-)  In Outlook, you have the "Rules
Wizard" that allows you to "automatically" (rules are entered manually) sort
your e-mails in the right folders.  This mechanism is not very easy to use
and is kind of cumbersome -- many people don't use it because it requires
too much work to setup properly (I personnaly use it, and I have about 50
rules setup... this took quite a while...).   Since you guys have the means
to categorize e-mails as "Spam", "Not spam" or "Not sure", then I'm sure it
would not be too much of a streatch to have "n" categories instead of only
3...  When people move e-mails around in their folders, spambayes could
automatically "learn" from the addition of e-mails to the folder, or the
removal from a folder.  This way, when an e-mail comes in the Inbox, it
could automatically be moved to the appropriate folder based on the folder's
"pattern" (not sure what the exact term is for you guys...).   This way,
people would not need to setup new rules in the Rules Wizard all the time...

	Anyways, just an idea ;-)  I'm a software designer myself, so I know
these things take time, but I figured your software was close to that idea
already because it doesn't start with any kind of assumption for what is
considered spam, it learns from experience instead, which is exactly what a
good "rules wizard" should do...

	In any case, if you don't mind, please let me know what you think of
this idea.

Thanks,
Gaétan.