[Spambayes] Re: Cool feature...

Mathew Hendry TJLWBECGSGWU at spammotel.com
Fri Dec 17 21:11:57 CET 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:28:00 -0500, "Kenny Pitt" <kennypitt at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Tony Meyer wrote:
>> This is commonly known as "n-way classification".  If you're really
>> after it, then I would recommend that you give POPfile a try (there
>> is an Outlook plug-in, I believe).
>
>Yep, it's called "Outclass".  Here's the link:
>
>http://www.vargonsoft.com/Outclass/

Yeah, it works pretty well too, although as far as I can tell, it doesn't
classify quite as accurately as SpamBayes. I have it set to sort into Ham,
Spam and Unwanted (junk that isn't really spam) but I keep an eye on the
spam folder with SpamBayes; used on its own, POPfile suffers the occasional
false positive, which I've *never* had with SpamBayes after a decent amount
of training.

-- Mat.