[Spambayes] Re: Cool feature...

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:26:03 CET 2004

Tony Meyer wrote:
> BTW, does POPfile choose just one of the categories, or can you have
> it select multiple ones?  It wouldn't be much use with something like
> Outlook, but with mailers that work with a 'label' type system, where
> a message can be in multiple views/folders (gmail/Thunderbird?) that
> would seem pretty handy.

In POPfile, you can define as many categories (called buckets in POPfile) as
you want, but POPfile will only choose one category for a given message.  If
the scores are close enough that it can't decide between two or more buckets
then it will mark the message "unclassified", which is very similar to
"unsure" in SpamBayes.

BTW, Outlook 2003 has a "label" system which I believe is new in the 2003
version.  You can assign any number of "categories" to a message and then
you can create Search Folders that include the categories in the search
criteria.

--
Kenny Pitt