[Spambayes] tbird and spambayes not playing well together.

sean seandarcy at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 05:28:15 CET 2004

I have thunderbird 1.0  set up to use spambayes.  /etc/host has 127.0.0.1 defined as mail-account1 mail-account2 etc. In
thunderbird I have mail-account1 : 110 ; mail-acount2:120 ,etc.

bayescustomize.ini has:

listen_ports:110,120,130
remote_servers:mail.xyz.net,mail.abc.com,pop.rst.com

So:

  sb_server.py
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0.1 (November 2004)
and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

Listener on port 110 is proxying mail.xyz.net:110
Listener on port 120 is proxying mail.abc.com:110
Listener on port 130 is proxying pop.rst.com:110
User interface url is http://localhost:8880/

Now all this worked just fine until tbird 1.0. Now when I get mail, tbird shows the connection sequence, says Retrieving
1 of 13   then just stalls.

When I use tbird to retrieve mail directly from a pop3 account, it works correctly.

Oh, and when I use the web inerface to train messages, spambayes doesn't show any.

Anybody see anything like this?

sean