[Spambayes] Re: tbird and spambayes not playing well together.

sean seandarcy at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 20:38:52 CET 2004

Kenny Pitt wrote:
> sean wrote:
>
>>Went and got today's cvs.
>>[snip]
>>
>>sb_server.py
>>SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0.1 (November 2004)
>>and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).
>>[snip]
>>
>>KeyError: ('Classifier', 'x-use_bigrams')
>

> Looks like you didn't pull all latest CVS, then.  If you were running the
> latest CVS then sb_server would actually report as "Version 1.0rc1" because
> the version number has not been updated on the trunk since the 1.0 release
> was branched.  Also, the "x-use_bigrams" option is no longer experimental so
> is now just "use_bigrams", which is probably where the error is coming from.
>
> I suspect that you are either updating from the release 1.0 branch rather
> than from the trunk, or you only updated a portion of the files.  First,
> make sure that you are not fixed to a CVS branch in any of your SpamBayes
> source directories.  Second, make sure that you have done a "cvs update" for
> everything and not just the scripts directory.  Third, I notice that your
> spambayes package files are coming from your "site-packages" directory which
> means that you must have run "setup.py install" at some point, so make sure
> you re-run that to update your "site-packages" installation after pulling
> the latest sources.

Maybe i need a cvs lesson.

I have an /opt/spambayes-cvs directory. removed the spambayes directory from there. Then to start all over again:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/spambayes co spambayes

which brought not just the script directories.

cd spambayes
ls
build          MANIFEST.in    README-DEVEL.txt  spambayes    WHAT_IS_NEW.txt
CHANGELOG.txt  NEWTRICKS.txt  README.txt        src          windows
contrib        Outlook2000    runtest.sh        TESTING.txt
CVS            POP3PROXY.txt  scripts           testtools
LICENSE.txt    pspam          setup.py          utilities

  du -s
4852    .

then:

python setup.py install

which put a bunch of stuff in spambayes-cvs/spambayes/build/lib/spambayes.

I saw nothing going into site-packages. Is this the problem?

Started sb_server - got the same thing:
sb_server.py
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0.1 (November 2004)
and engine SpamBayes Engine Version 0.3 (January 2004).

/opt/spam/spambayes/data/hammie.db is an existing database, with 2373 spam and 2638 ham

thanks
sean