[Spambayes] RE: tbird and spambayes not playing well together.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 21 22:17:10 CET 2004

> > cd spambayes
> > ls
> > build          MANIFEST.in    README-DEVEL.txt  spambayes
> > WHAT_IS_NEW.txt
> > CHANGELOG.txt  NEWTRICKS.txt  README.txt        src          windows
> > contrib        Outlook2000    runtest.sh        TESTING.txt
> > CVS            POP3PROXY.txt  scripts           testtools
> > LICENSE.txt    pspam          setup.py          utilities
[...]
> That all looks correct

I have nothing much to offer, except that I can say that I'm pretty sure
that that directory is the CVS head one - 1.0.1 (and the branch) have an
additional file "cleanarch" in the top directory.  Since that's not there,
it's presumably the checkout you're after.

> except that I have no idea where the
> build/lib directory came from.  "setup.py install" should
> have copied the "spambayes" subdirectory from your
> "/opt/spambayes-cvs/spambayes" source directory into "site-packages".

I believe that distutils creates a copy in the build directory and copies
them from there (to handle compiling if that is required, I think, although
that's not in our case, of course).

There really ought to be some mention of site-packages or an error, though.
Hopefully Kenny's suggestions will help :)

=Tony.Meyer