[Spambayes] spambayes on Mac

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 29 04:16:09 CET 2004

> Let me explain I have a user that runs outlook on they are
> getting 200-300 spams a day all the filters I look at for Mac
> did not run on outlook. I was wondering how spambayes works
> on Mac if so does it work the same as it was on a PC or are
> there any other options that I can do.

There isn't a mac version of the SpamBayes Outlook plug-in.  However, you
can use the POP3 proxy (or IMAP filter) with a mac, just like you would with
a Windows/Linux mailer that wasn't Outlook.  If the mac is getting mail via
POP3 or IMAP4 (rather than (eg) Exchange) then that should work fine.

You'll need to download the .tar.gz archive of the 1.0.1 source.  The
readme.txt file inside should explain what you need to do - if you have any
troubles, please let us know.

I believe that there's also a packaged (for mac) version of spambayes
available via the wiki: http://entrian.com/sbwiki

=Tony.Meyer