[Spambayes] SpamBayes Defeated!

Stephen Clarke-Willson stephen at above-the-garage.com
Fri Dec 31 21:34:59 CET 2004

Argh.  Starting yesterday a number of messages have been making it past
SpamBayes - some with a 0% spam rating!

The messages have a big hunk of (somewhat) regular looking text attached at the
end.  For instance, here is a spam message that made it through easily:

--- start message

Tired of standing in long lines waiting for the Pharmacy to fill your
prescription? Why not fill your prescription from the privacy of your home or
office instead! We have a larger selection to meet your medical needs at the
best internet prices that you can find!

Special pricing on medicines in categories such as Muscle Relaxants, Pain
Relief, Wt. Loss, Women's Health, Depression-Anxiety, Sleeping Aids, Sexual
Health.

Do you wan low price prescriptions with next day delivery? We provide this and
more.

Press
<http://arfh.sn.tipsinnerhealth.com/?Oru6hjyLpf5-Xyq1Pj193602Vx=189284Gea> Here
To Enter

I don't know how my friends get their meds because it's a kind of a private
thing but at least now I know I have found a better way of filling prescription
refills. Tana F. NV

Feelthe pressure? Some of us felt the squeeze as early as the day after
Christmas last year, when stores.
in public. Yes, pressure makes you do strange things, and let's face it, we've
all done very strange

I speak from personal experience. For years,I think I believed that I should buy
whatever struck me as the most perfect present for someone
(i.e.fallal5elbowshaped1bowednessfemtoseconddilleniaceous

--- end message

Obviously this is annoying!  My only quick off-the-cuff idea to improve
SpamBayes is to put more weight on the earlier part of the message, which is
very spam-like.

-- Stephen

Check out my blog:  http://drstephencw.blogspot.com
<http://drstephencw.blogspot.com/>  .