[Spambayes] Delete from server

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Sun Feb 1 19:07:13 EST 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:48:47 -0500, Tim Peters <tim.one at comcast.net> wrote:

> [Dreas van Donselaar]
>> Then what is the option "POP3 account settings, Advanced, Remove from
>> server when deleted from 'Deleted Items'" used for? Doesn't that mean
>> Outlook can remove individual messages from the POP3 server?
>
> Yes, it can.
>
> The deeper problem is that the Outlook addin plays no role in talking to
> your POP3, IMAP or SMTP servers.  It contains no code *capable* of
> talking
> to them, either.  So there's nothing it can do here unless someone
> contributes a large pile of new code.  Other ways of using the spambayes
> codebase do contain pieces capable of talking POP3 (etc), but they're not
> part of the Outlook addin.

As I understood Dreas' request, it was to have pop3 mail appear in his
outlook spam folder, but NOT in his webmail view of the same account,
while he is operating on the account remotely (i.e. not locally using
outlook).  If that was what his request was, then this is not possible
afaik.

--

Vous exprimer; Exprésese; Esprimi te stesso; Express yourself!
Tim Stone