[Spambayes] John Rooks: SUGGESTION FOR SPAM-BAYES

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:40:15 EST 2004

John Rooks wrote:
> It would be great if I could flag a non-SPAM email that
> I did not want to receive anymore to something other than the SPAM
> folder. Take for example news items from the Wall Street Journal.
> This is really not SPAM, and if I flagged it as SPAM, it would
> pollute my SPAM statistics, which I don't want to do.

Most of us define spam as any e-mail you receive that you don't want, so
by that definition your message from the WSJ could be qualified as spam.
The Outlook plug-in only tracks statistics for the duration of your
current Outlook session anyway, so there probably isn't much to pollute
either way.

> ... If you however
> could place a second layer of filtering in the program which would
> kill email from identified sources, like news at wsj.com, then I could
> relieve myself of some of my non-SPAM bothersome email.
>
> Now, there may already be a separate Outlook plug-in for this simple
> filtering which I may be able to use simultaneously with SPAM-Bayes.

If you just need to filter on a specific To or From address then the
standard Outlook rules should handle that.  Just make sure that you turn
on the SpamBayes background filtering option in the Advanced tab of
SpamBayes Manager so that your rule will process the message before
SpamBayes does.

--
Kenny Pitt