[Spambayes] using spambayes, on xp, outlook2003, I am unable to use spambayes, even after repeated install/uninstalls - here is log file

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:42:47 EST 2004

Monica Price wrote:
> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:/Program Files/Spambayes
Outlook
Addin\\support\\gen_py\\00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046x0x9x2.py'

This error almost always indicates that you are running Outlook 2003 on
a system that never had Outlook 2000 installed, and you do not have
administrative privileges.  If Oulook 2000 was never installed,
SpamBayes needs to update some files in the program installation
directory, and it needs administrative privileges to do that.

To get around this, you can have an administrator load Outlook and
SpamBayes once on your machine, which will cause the appropriate files
to be updated.  Alternatively, you can wait for the next release, which
solves this problem.  We are tentatively planning on releasing an update
sometime next week.

--
Kenny Pitt