[Spambayes] Training a procmail filter for a Cyrus IMAP server

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Feb 4 16:53:32 EST 2004

    Webb> So, I should be able to set up the procmail filtering according to
    Webb> the documented suggestions (although, I haven't actually tried
    Webb> this yet -- I'm a little intimidated ;-).  My question is, how to
    Webb> train the filter?

Offline.  sb_filter.py uses whatever you stick there in the way of a
training database.  I periodically copy my training database over to my
server where several other people share in the fruits of my labor via their
procmailrc files.

If you're running sb_filter.py, I'd just save mail into two piles: ham and
spam, then run them through sb_mboxtrain.py periodically, copying the
database over to your server.

Skip