[Spambayes] DB problem with sb_mboxtrain.py and Pythom-2.3.3

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Feb 5 10:40:01 EST 2004

    Ken> Anyway, when I run the following:
    Ken> " /usr/local/Spambayes/bin/sb_mboxtrain.py -d \${HOME}/.hammiedb -g \${HOME/mail/ham} -s \${HOME}/mail/spam"

    Ken> I get the following traceback:
    Ken> bsddb._db.DBNoSuchFileError: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Seems to me you don't want backslashes in front of your dollar signs.  All
you do is prevent the usual shell expansion of the HOME environment
variable.  Also your second one has the right curly brace misplaced.  Try:

    .../sb_mbox_train.py -d $HOME/.hammiedb -g $HOME/mail/ham -s $HOME/mail/spam

Unless you're using some unusual shell the $HOME references in the above
command should expand fine.

Skip