[Spambayes] Outlook 2000 "backup" function blocked by Spambayes

Seth Goodman nobody at spamcop.net
Thu Feb 5 14:48:12 EST 2004

> [Dennis Hartmann]
> since I've installed SpamBayes (awesome tool - thank you guys)
> I'm unable to use the backup function. It says that parts of
> the file (pst) is in use and cannot backup. any ideas?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "backup", though Outlook has a
well-developed auto-archive function that I use extensively.  I also run
Outlook2000 along with the SpamBayes 0.81 Outlook plug-in and auto-archiving
works just as it did before installing SpamBayes.  The same was true of the
previous SpamBayes 0.80 plug-in.

Perhaps you could give some more details of what you mean by "backup", if
this is not the Outlook2000 auto-archive function?  How is it set up and
exactly how does it fail?  Is there anything the in the SpamBayes log at the
time of the failure?

If, for some reason, you are _not_ using auto-archive in Outlook, I highly
recommend it and would be happy to help you get it going.  If you _are_
using auto-archive and SpamBayes interferes, this is unusual and may
eventually turn into a bug report.

--
Seth Goodman

off-list replies to sethg [at] GoodmanAssociates [dot] com