[Spambayes] Building SpamBayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 5 20:39:27 EST 2004

> To build SpamBayes, I am using McMillan's installer
> installer_5b5_5.

Unless you have a particular reason to, you're probably better off following
the official build process, which now uses py2exe.  The necessary files are
in the windows/py2exe directory in the distribution (maybe not 1.0a7; I
can't recall, but certainly in cvs).

> Support dir is created with only one type library
> entry i.e.
> "00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046x0x9x0". The
> other two dont come. The __init__.py file which is
> created is blank.

It's been ages since I have played about with building SpamBayes (or
anything else) with Installer (and Mark did all the releases), but do you
have all the appropriate files in your gen_py directory?  IIRC, the
installer is (unless you've changed it) looking for Outlook/Office 2000
files, and you might have XP ones...

> Please help me as I really want to build
> SpamBayes and then use it.

I presume you want to do more than this, but in case you don't, and have
missed this, if you just want to use it, there's no need to go through the
build process at all.  Either run with Python by doing "python addin.py" or
download the prebuilt installer.

=Tony Meyer

---