[Spambayes] Funny behavior of Outlook plugin

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 12:49:01 EST 2004

SpamBayes only trains on received messages, and it has a check to
prevent you from training on a message that you sent yourself. This is
the check that caused the "No filterable items" popup, but the warning
would certainly be more helpful if it could be a little more detailed
about why the message was not "filterable". I'll look into whether or
not we can do that, and we should be able to at least include some
possible reasons why it would occur even if we don't know the exact one.

As far as the need to "Recover" it, I doubt that SpamBayes trained on it
at all, so there shouldn't be any mis-training issues caused by the fact
that you can't train it manually.

--
Kenny Pitt

  _____