[Spambayes] Spam block

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 16:34:54 EST 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>> Aloha Honey Does this program work with blocking spam in Yahoo? I
>> have their free web based email service. I get 200 spam a day. My
>> email address is a good seller for someone. Mahalo nui loa for you
>> time and assistance with this matter. Ciao T.McNut
>
> No, though it wouldn't be impossible to do with a web proxy of some
> sort. If Yahoo!  offers some way for you to fetch your mail using
> POP3 or IMAP you could use the existing sb_server.py or
> imap_filter.py applications.  If you're stuck with a Web mail service
> you've got some programming to do.

The open-source "YahooPOPs!" program will allow you to read your Yahoo
mail via a POP3 interface, and you can then point the SpamBayes
sb_server POP3 proxy filter at the YahooPOPs POP3 interface to filter
your mail.

http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net

If you want to try this, you should probably wait until the next release
of SpamBayes (hopefully next week), which will include a Windows
installer for the sb_server program.  I've used this configuration
myself, so I may be able to help you out with the configuration
settings.

--
Kenny Pitt