[Spambayes] user name

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Feb 7 20:55:33 EST 2004

> my ISP requires name to be in format of nek at snet.net setup
> program will not take name in this format
> isp will not accept name of "nek" without the snet.net

What setup program?  It doesn't look like you're using Outlook, so is this
with sb_server and do you mean the configuration page?  (Which still doesn't
make sense, because sb_server (and Outlook!) doesn't need to know what your
username is - you still just have this in your mail client.

As far as I can recall, only sb_imapfilter (and maybe notesfilter?) needs
your username to work.  But imapfilter accepts any valid IMAP 'astring',
which certainly includes '@'.

Could you give us some more information about:
  1.  What SpamBayes application you are trying to setup.
  2.  How you are doing this (via the web interface?  Manually in a config
file?)
  3.  Where you are trying to put your username.

That'll help us figure out what you're trying to do, and help you get it
done.

=Tony Meyer

---