[Spambayes] installing spambayes

Barbara McCann bmccann at verizon.net
Mon Feb 9 09:26:58 EST 2004

Okay, maybe I'm dim, but I downloaded the zipped spambayes 1.0a7.zip to my
desktop, (from the website
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61702)

but could not figure out how to install it.  The read-me.txt file said to
start "setup.py install" but searching the various directories I could only
see a file called "setup.py" which my computer did not recognize.  A search
for the term "install" did not turn it up, neither did "exe."

I want to use the Outlook plug-in; I tried downloading and installing that
(which did begin an installation wizard), but it installation failed, I'm
assuming because I haven't been able to install spambayes.

Any help would be appreciated; it sounds like a great program.

I use Windows XP.

Barbara McCann

McCann Consulting

1439 Monroe St. NW