[Spambayes] installing spambayes

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 10:49:07 EST 2004

Barbara McCann wrote:
> I want to use the Outlook plug-in; I tried downloading and installing
> that (which did begin an installation wizard), but it installation
> failed, I'm assuming because I haven't been able to install
> spambayes.

Did you get an error message box with something like "Unable to register
DLL/OCX" and maybe an error code 0x00000000?  If so then you have
encountered a known problem with the 0.81 Outlook plugin installation.
Many people have used the installer successfully, but a handful have
experienced this registration error.  As noted in an earlier response,
you only need the Windows installer if you are trying to run the Outlook
plugin.  The problem is not related to trying to install the 1.0a7 zip
file, which is the source code version of SpamBayes.

There is a new release of SpamBayes due out this week that solves the
registration problem, so you may want to wait for that.  It will be
announced on the spambayes-announce mailing list, and probably on this
list as well.

--
Kenny Pitt