[Spambayes] could not install SpamBayes Outlook Addin 0.0081

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Feb 9 17:25:38 EST 2004

> I had spambayes outlook plugin running for several
> months and it worked just fine
> Just today, i installed an IMAPS connection to an
> exchnage server and now outlook has trouble with SpamBayes
> I unstalled it, installed a newer version(0.0081),
> everything seems to go ok (log file says:
> Registered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin
> Registration complete.) but the icons do not appear !!
> can you help me out ?

Do the log files have anything else?  They should, if the plug-in is being
started up.  If they do, then please send us a copy of them so we can try to
use them to figure out what is going wrong.

If they don't have anything else, then the most likely problem is that
Outlook has disabled SpamBayes (I vaguely recall reading something about
non-certified plug-ins being automatically disabled on updates).  Do
Help->About Microsoft Outlook->Disabled Items, and see if SpamBayes is there
(and enable it if it is).

=Tony Meyer

---